Las Lomas celebrates its first ever Leadership Day
Las Lomas Elementary School was thrilled to invite guests to its campus for the schools first Leadership Day on Nov. 22. The event gave more than 150 students the opportunity to plan and led the day in various leadership roles including, serving as greeters, covey tour guides, statisticians (explained school-wide and grade-level scoreboards), keynote speakers, leaders of talent (student directed honor choir), and table talk leaders (hosted table talks during breakfast to focus on leadership binders), amongst other duties.
The campus took feedback from the community to gauge the effectiveness of Leadership Day. Comments given by guests included:
- "My favorite part was seeing each age be incorporated into leaders, and seeing the choir perform."
- "My favorite part was seeing all the students shine and that teachers are willing to step back."
- "I learned how a campus can accomplish great things."
- "I learned that students can lead in more ways than I thought."
- "The most interesting thing I saw all the different student-led clubs and activities that are being offered."
- "The most interesting thing I saw was students being informative, polite and eager to share what they were working on or what something meant at the school."
Enjoy the video from Leadership Day at Las Lomas below!
Posted on December 09, 2013