North East ISD is proud to be a part of The Leader in Me. This important program is a whole-school transformation process by Franklin Covey. It teaches 21st-century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child has potential. Franklin Covey has recently reviewed the state testing results and they would like to recognize the following Lighthouse schools (campuses that serve as models of leadership and mentors to other Leader in Me schools) for their academic achievement. Principals at each of the schools below will receive a congratulatory banner to celebrate their accomplishments.
- Castle Hills Elementary School
- Canyon Ridge Elementary School
- Hardy Oak Elementary School
- Hidden Forest Elementary School
- Jose M Lopez Middle School
- Las Lomas Elementary School
- Redland Oaks Elementary School
- Roan Forest Elementary School READ MORE
- Stone Oak Elementary School
- Tuscany Heights Elementary School
- Vineyard Ranch Elementary School
- Wilderness Oak Elementary School READ MORE
“We created the new Lighthouse School of Academic Distinction to recognize Leader in Me Schools that have both met the rigorous requirements necessary to achieve and maintain Lighthouse School Certification and shown exemplary academic growth or proficiency as measured by state accountability standards,” wrote Sean Covey in his letter to principals. “While we recognize that Leader in Me is only one of many factors that affect academic achievement, we are pleased to acknowledge and celebrate your achievement.”
The schools will receive their banners in January. Be sure to congratulate the principals of these schools who have dedicated their efforts to supporting The Leader in Me.