Visual Art SUPER SATURDAYS!
With NESA Visual Art
Are you interested in learning more about drawing and sharpening your skills? Are you considering applying to NESA Visual Art? Come join us for two Saturday sessions in which we will explore the following drawing concepts through still life:
● Composition and the art of creating harmony in the picture plane
● Defining edges with contour line and value
● Creating the illusion of form through value
● Additive and subtractive value
● Critique and revision
Session I - January 9, 2021 10 am - 12 pm
Session II - January 16, 2021 10 am - 12 pm
Super Saturdays are open to current 8th grade students interested in applying to the Visual Art program at North East School of the Arts. Participants should plan on attending both sessions. Session II builds upon Session I and allows participants to complete their drawings. Space is limited to 15 participants, and is available on a first come, first serve basis. Once you have completed the Google Form registration, you will receive a Zoom code for both sessions. Materials are not provided.
● Drawing or sketch book paper - nothing smaller than 8”x10” is preferred
● Drawing pencils - 2B, 4B, 6B ● White vinyl eraser
● Kneaded eraser
● Blending stumps or tortillons - preferred, but not necessary
● Paper towels
To register, please complete the form linked below: https://forms.gle/w8x3wrYCifBxuiDg7
The first fifteen respondents will be contacted to confirm attendance no later than January 4, 2021.
For more information, please contact Jessica Jones Gonzales at email@example.com