GARY DELAUNE NEISD MEMORIAL CTE - JOURNALISM SCHOLARSHIP
1. The family of long time Texas and San Antonio journalism legend Gary DeLaune is honored to announce plans to award an annual $1000 scholarship to the NEISD outstanding male and female Careers Technology CTE/Journalism student. Awards will be selected from applications received from NEISD district high school CTE departments.
2. Students must be from an NEISD high school and a graduate of that year’s senior class.
3. Beginning with end of school year 2023 scholarship funds will be awarded and must be used to assist the recipient in attending an accredited community college, four-year university, technical school or career training program. The funds from this scholarship are to be used exclusively for educational purposes to provide assistance with the cost of tuition, books and/or fees essential to the advanced education of the recipient.
4. The candidate(s) to receive the Gary DeLaune Memorial Journalism Scholarship will be selected by the Scholarship Committee (listed below) and notification made for appropriate presentation at their high school by the DeLaune family.
5. Along with the attached application form, potential awardee(s) will provide at least one (no more than three) example(s) of demonstrated work for committee review. This, along with academic merit, moral character and instructor(s) comments/recommendation for the scholarship award will be considered highly important in selecting a recipient.