9th Grade Lottery Application and Shadowing!!
Incoming 9th Grade Applicants
The application window for freshmen entering ISA in the fall of 2022 will be open on October 1, 2021, and close in February 2, 2022.
Applicants must fill out the 9th Grade Application, including answers to the three short answer questions* (found on the application):
- What are your major interests?
- Why are you interested in coming to The International School of the Americas?
- What gifts or talents do you bring to The International School of the Americas?
*For the application to be considered complete, these questions MUST be answered (one paragraph each). However, the content of applicants' answers does not figure into their chance for acceptance, which is determined by lottery. A student's responses to these questions are necessary because they assist his or her advisor in getting to know the student.
Note the following important dates:
|Monday, October 1, 2021||Application window opens|
|Shadowing - November 12, 2021*||FULL|
|Shadowing - December 3, 2021*||FULL|
|Shadowing - January 14, 2022*||FULL|
|Shadowing - January 21, 2022*||FULL|
|Monday, February 7, 2022||Application closes at 11:59 PM|
|Friday, January 28, 2022||Parent Info Night @ISA 5:30 PM|
|Friday, February 18, 2022||Accepted students notified by phone|
|New 9th Grade Orientation Meeting||TBD|
*Space will be limited to 20 families - SHADOWING WILL BEGIN AT 9:20 A.M. AND CONCLUDE AT 11:30 A.M.
- Notification of Acceptance will be by phone call (if name is drawn). An informational letter will be mailed to all accepted students. Students who are accepted must notify ISA whether they accept or decline their invitation to come to ISA or to forfeit their space to someone on the waiting list.
- Accepted students will need to attend an orientation for general information and to complete choice slips for courses.
- Students not selected in the original lottery will need to electronically indicate their desire to be added to our Waiting List in order to be placed in a lottery drawing for a specific place on our waiting list. Should spaces become available, we will call families in the order in which they are listed.