9th Grade Lottery Application
Incoming 9th Grade Applicants
The application window for freshmen entering ISA in the fall of 2020 will be open in September 30, 2019, and close Monday, January 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants must fill out the 9th Grade Application, including answers to the three short answer questions* (found on the application):
- What are your major interests?
- Why are you interested in coming to The International School of the Americas?
- What gifts or talents do you bring to The International School of the Americas?
*For the application to be considered complete, these questions MUST be answered (one paragraph each). However, the content of applicants' answers does not figure into their chance for acceptance, which is determined by lottery. A student's responses to these questions are necessary because they assist his or her advisor in getting to know the student.
Note the following important dates:
|Monday, September 30, 2019||Application window opens|
|Friday, January 24, 2020||Information night for prospective students|
|Monday, January 27, 2020||Application closes at 11:59 PM|
|Friday, January 31, 2020||Accepted students notified by phone|
|Monday, February 17, 2020||Orientation for accepted students, 6:00 PM|
- Notification of Acceptance will be by phone call (if name is drawn). An informational letter will be mailed to all accepted students. Students who are accepted must notify ISA whether they accept or decline their invitation to come to ISA or to forfeit their space to someone on the waiting list.
- Accepted students will need to attend an orientation on Monday, February 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM for general information and to complete choice slips for courses.
- Students not selected in the original lottery will need to electronically indicate their desire to be added to our Waiting List in order to be placed in a lottery drawing for a specific place on our waiting list. Should spaces become available, we will call families in the order in which they are listed.