Creative Writing Audition Requirements
Please send all application correspondence to Creative Writing Director, Amie Charney at email@example.com, or contact by phone at (210) 356-1033.
The interview will consist of a writing exercise, panel interview, and discussion of portfolio. Student portfolios are to be a digital work submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org following the guidelines below. Proof of submission of the digital portfolio must be submitted at the time of the application (see guidelines below). Portfolios will be read/evaluated by the Creative Writing Director and a panel of her choosing. Note: You may bring in a hard copy of your portfolio but it is not necessary.
- 10 pieces of original writing (poetry, prose, screenwriting, playwriting, fiction, creative non-fiction, and experimental writings) Note: Please do not submit any writing tied to school assignments, as these do not reflect originality of conception.
- If you are submitting a novel or lengthy works, submit only 10 pages.
- Organization that includes cover page, table of contents, and titled pieces.
- Include any original artwork, photography, or videos you feel should be included in your portfolio. Note: Do not submit stock photos (found on the internet) with your portfolio. Original works only.
- Submit one digital portfolio to email@example.com
- Subject line to read: portfolio/last name/date of submission
Example: subject: portfolio/Pool/08.25.20
- Brief professional email that includes, major, school year, and any additional comments.
- Make sure your email has the attachment prior to submitting
- Submit proof of submission to the NESA office with your application.
Note: acceptable proof in the form of a printed screenshot, or print out of the email is acceptable.