GET READY NEISD: It's Time Texas Community Challenge Early Registration Starts Now!
Get Ready NEISD- The It’s Time Texas Community Challenge is Coming!!
NEISD is excited to join over 20,000 Texans across 300 communities throughout Texas to compete in the 2023 It’s Time Texas Community Challenge. This eight-week, statewide health competition serves as a fun, free way for us to prioritize our health while going head-to-head against nearby school districts (and other campuses in NEISD), while demonstrating our commitment to health! But we can’t do it alone; we need all-hands-on-deck to have a chance to win! NEISD won the challenge in 2021 and it’s time to bring the banner back home! Keep reading for more information regarding the Challenge and how to jump start earning points!
What is the Community Challenge?
- An easy way to kick off the New Year with simple healthy habits while being a part of something that impacts more than just you.
- From Jan. 9 to March 5, simply report daily healthy habits such as drinking water, going for a walk, and eating a healthy snack in the Community Challenge App and earn points.
- At the end of the competition, the top individuals, school districts, organizations, and communities will win prizes, be recognized, and earn bragging rights until 2024! This year, the NEISD PE & Health Department will also recognize the top school for each division: elementary, middle, and high school.
Why are we participating?
- NEISD is committed to providing opportunities that allow you to prioritize your personal wellbeing. You work hard to serve your students, colleagues, and community—the Community Challenge acts as a tool to support your physical and mental wellbeing in a fun and unique way, all while building community and developing healthy habits.
- Participating in the challenge shows NEISD’s commitment to building a healthier Texas!
Early Registration STARTS NOW (and earns a bonus 250 points!
- Registration is FREE and open to everyone (even if you don’t participate, you can help NEISD earn points by simply registering before January 9th!)
- Select Your Community “San Antonio”
- Be sure to CHOOSE YES to the School District Sub-Challenge and select “North East Isd”
- Select your school. If you do not represent a particular campus, leave it blank and CHOOSE YES to the Employer/Organization Sub-Challenge and select “Northeast ISD (Staff & Faculty)”
- To register, download the Community Challenge app by scanning the QR code below OR by clicking here.
Google Play Apple App Store
Build Your Team
Spread the word to your campus, community, colleagues, and friends by sharing the attached flyer. Use the referral functionality in the app to send out an invitation to register! Remember, the more people who register, the more points for your school community AND NEISD (a WIN-WIN!) If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Looking forward to a great Community Challenge and bringing the banner back home to NEISD!
Go Team NEISD!