NEISD Athletic Field Use Guidelines
North East ISD athletic fields at all secondary campuses are reserved for use by campus physical education classes and all University Interscholastic League sports which NEISD sponsors. Use of these fields by other UIL activities will be on an as need basis at each secondary campus as determined by the principal, the campus athletic coordinator and the executive director of athletics. It should be noted that NEISD offers a comprehensive athletic program for girls and boys at our secondary campuses. A primary concern is always for the safety of student athletes. This concern and the daily use of campus fields requires that the school district do everything within its power to both protect the integrity of the fields and to maintain a consistently safe surface for student athletes.
The statements below reflect specific guidelines for use of NEISD athletic fields at secondary campuses and at all central athletic facilities.
- Field use is for UIL sports only except as described below.
- Field use also includes physical education classes and other UIL related activities at each campus.
- Non-UIL sports will be considered for use of the elementary fields/playgrounds as determined by the office of Procurement & e-Commerce.
- Special events will always be considered at our central facilities. NEISD will continue to preserve the quality of all secondary and central facility fields for our UIL athletic program. Use of these fields by other UIL activities will be on an as need basis at each secondary campus as determined by the principal, the campus athletic coordinator and the executive director of athletics.
- A priority at all high schools will be to avoid any use of campus fields other than as needed for campus sponsored UIL sports.
- A priority at all middle schools will be to promote all UIL sports we support and to allow the use of campus fields for UIL sports that are sponsored by such organizations as the YMCA. The Procurement & e-Commerce Department will coordinate field use by non-school organizations with input from the campus Principal and the Executive Director of Athletics. Field use by outside groups will be rotated between campuses in order to avoid destroying the grass surface due to over use.
- Where second fields exist at middle school campuses, the school district will consider the use of these fields by those outside organizations sponsoring non-UIL sports. Determining factors in this consideration will be 1) to avoid conflicts with UIL sports needing the same field, 2) the current condition of the field at the time of the request, and 3) how such use might impact current or future needs by the campus’s UIL sports program.
- The care of campus fields is a joint effort involving the Campus Athletic Coordinator, the NEISD Maintenance Department, and the NEISD Athletic Department.