Blended Online/In-Car Training Program
This program consists of:
- 32 hours of online classroom instruction
- 7 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction
- A minimum of 7 hours of in-car observation
- Students must document a minimum of 30 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, including at least 10 hours of instruction that take place a night, with an adult (21 years old and with a license for at least one year.) This is a requirement in order to the course.
- This is a concurrent program therefore students can apply the classroom education to the behind –the-wheel during the same time.
- This course satisfies the state requirements for teen driver education.
This program works as follows:
Step one: Register for the program, you will receive a special code via email within 2 business days.
Step two: Use the log in information provided to you and start your online class at: http://driving.aceable.com
Step three: Set up your account. Make sure all information is accurate as it will be used to generate your certification. Please make sure that you change your email address upon first logging in to an account that you can access.
Step four: Once you complete up to Level 3, Chapter 10, Page 11, you will receive the certificate necessary to obtain the Learner’s Permit, according to the method of delivery you select.
Step five: Take your certificate to your local DPS office to obtain your Texas Learner’s Permit. Make sure you take the following documents to DPS:
- Original or certified Birth Certificate
- DE 964E Instruction Permit Certificate (from Driver Ed. Instructor)
- TEA Verification of Enrollment (TEA-CDD-104) (obtain at school counselor’s office)
- Social Security Card
- $25 for the test and permit
- Proof of Residency of student (report card, bank statement or paycheck stub)
- 2 proof of residency for parent (insurance, utility bill, bank statement, or cable bill) For a complete list of DPS residency requirements please go to http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/
Step six: (once you have your permit): Create a profile online at www.schedule2drive.com (school code: ‘neisd’. Please read the ‘S2D-Getting Started’ attached handout for directions) in order to start driving with our instructors. Your seven-month deadline begins on the day you start your online classroom hours.
Step seven: Start driving and finish your 32 classroom hours. (You will receive another certificate once you finish all 32 classroom hours. You must bring this certificate to our office, when you finish the program, in order to receive your certificate of completion from NEISD.)
Step eight: Finish your Parent Log
Step nine: Finish your 7 hour of behind-the-wheel training with our instructors Step ten: Pick up you Certificate of Completion from our offices at 8750 Tesoro Drive, 782017.
Step ten: Pick up you Certificate of Completion from our offices at 8750 Tesoro Drive, 782017.