Interested in applying to NESA?
Tours of NESA are offered Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting at either 9am or 3pm. To schedule a tour, please call the NESA office at 210- 365-1033 or email Vanessa Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students are accepted to NESA only through an Application and Audition Process. We accept incoming 9th graders, but we will consider applications from incoming 10th, 11th, and 12th graders on a case-by-case basis, based on cohort size.
NESA requires students to complete at least two full credits of NESA courses for every year enrolled in order to graduate with a NESA Endorsement.
Application deadlines and audition dates for enrollment for the 2024-25 school year are:
- Fall Auditions: Application deadline September 29, 2023; auditions held on October 14, 2023
- Winter Auditions: Application deadline January 12, 2024; auditions held on January 27, 2024
- Spring Auditions: Application deadline April 5, 2024; auditions held on April 20, 2024
In order to apply, students MUST submit all of the following to the NESA office by the Application deadline (which is two weeks prior to the audition date):
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- Resume (see Sample Resume here)
- Grade Transcript (or most recent report card) from current school
- Headshot Photo (does not need to be professionally taken but no selfies)
- 300-500 word typed essay (required for applicants in Creative Writing, Cinema, Instrumental Music, Technical Theatre and Visual Arts) addressing the topic "Why I Should Be Considered for NESA."
- Additional requirements for each major: click on your target major below to see detailed audition instructions for specific majors.
Please address questions about the application process to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR EACH NESA MAJOR'S SPECIFIC GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS