Dads of Great Students at Longs Creek Elementary
WATCH D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations in the country. In 1998, the very first WATCH D.O.G.S. program launched at Gene George Elementary in Springdale, AR. Today, more than 6,800 schools across the country have launched a WATCH D.O.G.S. program of their own. Each school year hundreds of thousands of fathers and father-figures make a positive impact on millions of children by volunteering millions of hours in their local schools through this amazing one-of-a-kind program.
What Do Watch D.O.G.S. Do?
Watch D.O.G.S. are heroes in the eyes of the students and school staff. You help around the school by:
- monitoring hallways,
- interacting on the playground,
- assisting in the lunchroom,
- helping with car duty during arrival and dismissal,
- and positively engaging with students in the classrooms.
- Safety: Be on watch against any potential problems and contact the office if needed.
- Support Education: Be a positive role model to you student and the entire student body. We encourage Watch D.O.G.S. to interact with students in order to sow the seeds of success.
Ready to Become one of the Watch D.O.G.S. or M.O.M.S
Sign Up for a Watch
- Tap on the month you would like to sign up for.
- Then choose the day you would like to volunteer.
- Make sure there are open slots on the day you would like to sign up for.
- If less that 3 watch DOGS/MOMS are signed up, then you may tap continue.
- If there are already 3 sign ups, click the back button to go back and select a different day.
- Once you have selected an available day, tap the green Sign up button to continue.
- Use Facebook, Google, or your email to sign up and fill out the appropriate fields.
- Once you Save and hit Done, the conformation screen will show that you are signed up for your selected date.
- If you'd like, sign up for additional dates.