Phone: (210)876-4424 (Google Voice: Text or Call)
Degrees and Certifications:
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in English from the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) in 2016. - Secondary 7-12 English Certification. - Dance 6-12 Certification. - English as a Second Language (ESL)Certification.
Hello!! My name is Ms. Shaeffer, and I am on my 4th year teaching High School English, and my 3rd year teaching dance. Prior to teaching high school I taught Pre-Kindergarten at a daycare, and I taught dance at a handful of dance studios. With that being said, I am the Pep Squad coach, and I teach English II along with Academic Literature.
For English II and Academic Literature we will be using the following websites throughout the year: Google Classroom, Study Sync, Achieve 3000, and Common Lit. Make sure you go to Google Classroom for all class materials and assignments, this is where I will post for students to know what is going on in class. All students should have recieved an invite to join their Google Classroom. Students will need to use their NEISD email in order to access the class material.
A small bit about me: I am not from Texas, I LOVE the colour purple, animals are the absolute best part of life, coffee keeps me alive (haha), I've always wanted to be a teacher, and I love winter (cold weather is the best, especially snow!). I look forward to teaching this year, though it will have new obstacles, all obstacles are meant to be overcome; so we just have to work together.
Points of Contact
- I will respond to emails as quickly as I can, and the hours that I check my email the most regularly are 8:00am- 4:30pm, Monday through Friday; please allow me 24-48 hours to reply. Sometimes I will check my email after 4:30pm, if I'm working late into the evening, so if you email me after 4:30pm you might get a response; if not, I am good about replying the next work day. If you have emailed me and I have not replied within 48 hours, please reach out to me via phone, I may not have gotten your email for some reason. When you email me, please state your name and the students first and last name you are emailing about. I do not normally reply over the weekend or hoildays, unless it's an emergency.
- This is my Google Voice number, not my personal cell phone number. The best way to reach me and get a quick response is a text message to this number. When you text or call me, please state your name and the students first and last name you are calling about. The hours of operation for the phone calls are 8:00am-10:00am, Monday through Friday; and texting is 8:00am- 8:00pm Monday through Friday. As with the email, please allow me 24 hours to respond. I do not normally reply over the weekend or hoildays, unless it's an emergency. This phone number is strictly for parents and/or quardians, students are not to use this method of contact; unless the parent/guardian has given explicit consent and I deem it is necessary.
- This the way for students to contact and stay updated outside of the classroom. The hours of operation are 8:00am- 8:00pm Monday through Friday. As with the email, please allow me 24 hours to respond. I do not normally reply over the weekend or hoildays, unless it's an emergency. All students need to have their first and last name, as it is legally with the school for Remind, this is an app that needs to be downloaded to the students phone. Students need to make sure that they are staying up to date with the remind.
- Remind Code English II: Send a text to 81010, and in the message type in @kdha6h
- Remind Code Academic Literature: Send a text to 81010, and in the message type in @ckk3a2a
Tutoring will be offered every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:00am-9:45am. If a student needs different times then those provided, they need to reach out to me and ask to set up an appointment.
Pep Squad Practices
Pep Squad practices will be held on Tuesdays' from 3:30pm-5:00pm, please make sure you attend via zoom (the link is in Google Classroom). This could change once face to face learning begins. All practices are mandatory, and it is a grade.