The School Nurse:
- serves as the child´s advocate
- conducts health screenings
- provides specialized health care and services
- assesses and evaluates individual growth and development
- monitors student´s immunizations
- acts as a resource for faculty, parents and students
- provides individual health counseling to service emotional and physical health needs
- identifies and refers possible pediatric and adolescent health problems for early diagnosis and treatment
- evaluates and monitors communicable diseases and implements strategies to prevent the spread of disease in the school
- conducts health related classroom instruction such as the maturation program, AIDS and sex education, and child abuse prevention.
- acts as special education team member for children with special needs.
- serves as a liaison with parents, physicians, community agencies and support groups to provide medical care and assistance to families and students in need
- provides educational and promotional activities for the future healthy lifestyles of our students