Family Engagement at NEISD strives to increase active participation, communication, and collaboration between parents, schools, and communities with the goal of educating the whole child to ensure student achievement and success.
Family Engagement Courses
Family Engagement Course are free to all parents, grandparents, or community members. Participants are offered information on a wide variety of subjects.
- Parenting Classes
- Life Skills and Essential Knowledge
- Academic Skills
- Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Cultural Art and Awareness
Family Specialists are available to all NEISD families. They assist in various ways, such as:
- provide families with information from the district, community agencies, city and state institutions, and any other organizations that might benefit those with specific needs;
- facilitate and conduct parent education classes, counseling and mentoring;
- assist students and families to reach their maximum educational benefits;
- provide support to those who are in emotional or financial crisis.