Degrees and Certifications:
Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? That's my grandaughter, Makayla Grace Stanley.
Hello. You may be wondering why I'm called Mr. Rubes. Well, it's because many people cannot say my last name: Rubalcaba. I got my nickname while I was in the USAF, where I served my country as a flight/staff officer for 24 years. I flew on several aircraft and my primary job was to fly on Special Ops Low Level missions, often in other parts of the world. You might want to come in and we can talk about all this fun I had.
This is my 16th year of teaching in Middle and High schools.
- PhD, School Improvement, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, December, 2018
- MEd, Educational Leadership, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, May 2013
- MA, Personnel Management, Webster University, Altus, OK, 1986
- BA, Political Science, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX, 1978
- Applied Sciences Associate Degree, Network Management (with two certifications), Microsoft Academy, St. Phillip’s College, San Antonio TX, 2007
- Principal Certification
- Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System
- Instructional Leadership Development
- Lifetime Texas Teaching Certificate in English and Government
- Standard certificates in Technology Applications (EC-12), Technology Education (6-12), and Health (EC-12)
First Tech Challenge Robotics teams (10+ members, grades 7-12) are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to compete in a head-to-head challenge in an alliance format. Participants call it “the hardest fun you’ll ever have!”
Guided by adult Coaches and Mentors, students develop STEM skills and practice engineering principles (like keeping an engineering notebook), while realizing the value of hard work, innovation, and sharing ideas. The robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and can be programmed using a variety of languages, including Java. Teams also must raise funds, design and market their team brand, and do community outreach for which they can win awards. Participants have access to tens of millions of dollars in college scholarships. Each season concludes with Super-Regional Championships and an exciting FIRST Championship.
08:20-09:08 1st Pd.
9:12-9:57 2nd Pd.
10:01-10:46 3rd Pd.
10:50-11:35 4th Pd.
1:02-1:47 Planning period
1:51-2:36 7th Pd.
2:40-3:25 8th Pd.