Degrees and Certifications:
BA History, English Certified in Secondary History, English and all levels PE.
Teacher Video: https://youtu.be/SiEpU0EEySw
Welcome to English IV and Girls Soccer at Reagan High School!
Please check Google Classroom starting Monday, August 17th for lessons which will be assigned throughout distance learning and the entire semester.
All instruction and assignments will be accessible and turned in through the Google Classroom. The Google Classroom codes will be emailed to students and sent through Skyward messaging. The Zoom links are listed in each Googke Classroom in the "classwork" tab under the heading of Englsih IV Resources.
ONLINE Office Hours: Anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 9-9:45 AM daily via Zoom. Link available in Google Classroom.
IMPORTANT: You MUST log into NEISD Launchpad when going to class via ZOOM and for Google Classroom for lessons and turning in assignments. This is essential for yor attendance! For best results, use Google Chrome when accessing district webpages and Google Classrooms.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODES: Many of you enrolled, please verify. If new to my class, please enroll with the codes sent through Skywrd Messaging or respond to the invite I sent to your school/student email!
I am a graduate of Texas A&M University with a BA in History and English...WHOOP! I have been teaching English and coaching in NEISD for twenty-three years. My students will leave my class with all the skills they need to be college-ready, and confident they have the tools they need to succeed in life! I am very excited to be a Rattler, and I absolutely love my students and athletes.
I am the very proud Head Coach of the Lady Rattlers Soccer Team:
- JV District Champs every year from 2000-2019
- Career JV Record 361 wins, 4 losses and 8 ties
- Awarded TASCO (Texas Association of Soccer Coaches) Region IV Assistant Coach of the year four times
- TASCO Member and Clinic Attendee 2000-2019
- TASCO Clinician 2005
- Espress News Soccer Coach of the Year 2019
- 2000-2001 Regional Quarter-Finalist
- 2001-2002 State Semi-Finalist
- 2002-2003 Regional-Finalist
- 2003-2004 State Finalist (Lost state title game in a shoot-out)
- 2004-2005 Regional Finalist
- 2005-2006 Regional Finalist
- 2006-2007 Regional Semi-Finalist
- 2007-2008 Regional Finalist
- 2008-2009 District champsState Semi-Finalist
- 2009-2010 Regional Quarter-Finalist
- 2010-2011 Regional Quarter-Finalist
- 2011-2012 Regional Quarter-Finalist
- 2012-2013 District ChampsRegional Quarter-Finalist
- 2013-2014 District champs, State Semi-Finalist
- 2014-2015 District champs, State Semi-Finalist
- 2015-2016 District Champs
- 2016-2017 District champs,Regional Quarter-Finalist
- 2017-2018 Earned post-season play-off berth
- 2018-2019 Undefeated District Champs, Regional Quarter-finalist
- 2019-2020.....The year of Covid............
My goal is to improve student writing and instill an appreciation of literature.
1st period English IV: 10:00 AM - 11:00 M,W,F
2nd period English IV: 11:10-11:45 AM, Lunch 11:50- 12:25, Finish Class from 12:30-12:25 M,W,F
Advisory with 2nd period each day 12:55-1:10
3rd period English IV: 10:50-11:40 M,W,F
4th period Varsity Soccer: 11:45-12:35 M,W,F
5th period English IV: 10:00-11:30 AM T,TH
6th period: CONFERENCE
7th period JV Soccer: 1:55-3:25 PM T,TH
Tutoring will be available Monday through Friday mornings from 9:00-9:45 AM. Link for Tutoring is available in Google Classroom. Choose "classwork", then go to Class Resources and find teh link!