- Practicing everyday what you learned in the spanish class will helped you improved your speaking, writing and listening in Spanish. There are plenty of websites in which you could practice at least 15-20 minutes daily. Check Web links.
- AP Spanish Language & Culture has Summer Assignments/ AP Online Classroom
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture has Summer Assignments/AP Online Classrooms
- We will be using Google Classroom for activities and resources.
- Progress reports and report cards will be available thru SKYWARD.
- Tutoring on Thursday @ 8:00- 8:30 AM B219
- ReTeach on Wednesday @ 4:20 PM in B 219
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Biology and Spanish. M.Ed. Integrated Studies. Certificate in Educational Administration (K-12)
Mrs. Beatriz Martinez-Lugo
I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. I graduated from The University of Texas in San Antonio with a Bachelor’s of Science. I have a Master in Education in Integrated Studies from Cambridge College. I also completed all the course work for a Master in Educational Leadership (K-12)and a certificate in Educational Administration (K-12) from Capella University. I have also completed over 32 hours in Spanish and linguistics graduate courses from UTSA and FUNIBER.
I have been teaching in Texas for 27 years and 30 years total. This is my sixteenth year at Churchill High School.
I am the sponsor for WCMUN, WC Model United Nations: a co-sponsor for the World Languages Club and the sponsor for Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica (SHS).
I am a mother of two beautiful daughters and a grandmother of thirteen beautiful energetic grandkids. I spend my free time with them.
Texas Certification in Biology and Spanish.
1st Pd. (8:45-9:37 AM) Spanish IV & IV PAP
2nd Pd. ( 9:42- 10:35 AM) Spanish AP Language & Culture
3rd. Pd. ( 10:40- 11: 30 AM) Spanish AP Literature & Culture /Spanish III NS PAP
4th Pd. LUNCH (11:35-12:25PM)
5th Pd. (12-:30 - 1:20 PM) Spanish I
6th Pd. (1:25- 2:15 PM) Spanish I
7th Pd. (2:20-3:10 PM) Conference
8th Pd. (3:15- 4:05 PM) Spanish III NS PAP
Thursday 8:00 - 8:30 AM
Wednesday @ 4:30 PM ReTeach @ Library
Afternoons by appointments if you cannot come to ReTeach
If your absent to class you must report to ReTeach the next Wednesday so you could catch up with class assignments.