About the Program
North East ISD remains committed to providing rigorous, TEKS-based instruction to all students for the 2021-2022 school year.
First and foremost, the health and safety of NEISD students and staff remain our highest priority. We will implement safety guidelines and practices that help protect our students, teachers, staff, and community as much as possible from COVID-19. You can find our safety protocols and guidelines on our district website, which have been modified based on public health and governmental guidance and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.
As we recognize in-person instruction is the most impactful learning environment for student success, we understand that our K-6 students do not have the option to get a vaccine at this time. Again, while we have taken every measure to ensure our schools are safe, we have created a virtual learning bridge for immunocompromised students and their families. Due to a lack of human capital, we are unable to provide specialized programs such as Honors and Hyper-Accelerated Math, etc. Circumstances may dictate the need to update and modify this plan.
Beliefs & Mission
The fundamental purpose of our virtual bridge program is to support our immunocompromised students and families in a digital environment.
- Personalization of learning opportunities leads to high student achievement.
- Time management is an essential life skill that must be purposefully developed.
- Perseverance is a crucial character trait that fosters self-directed, life-long thinkers.
- Critical thinking is essential to students graduating college and career ready and will provide a strong skill set when dealing with everyday situations.
- Self-advocacy develops strong communication skills and prepares students to articulate specific needs paramount to meeting their life-long goals.