Don't forget to ask for help if you need it! :)
Congratulations on having an extraordinary child at Wetmore Elementary! It is my pleasure and desire to help parents and children make and gain the most from their Kindergarten year. I believe your experience at Wetmore Elementary can and will be a successful one. Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised at just how much your child can learn this year!
Just as the students have expectations and procedures to ensure success, I have expectations and procedures for parents. I am glad to help you at any time, and you may contact me by phone or email, so here are some guidelines to help us with our year…
* Please keep a change of clothes in your child’s backpack (and change it out with the seasons). Accidents and spills do happen and it is easiest if we have immediate access to a change of clothes.
* Please label your child’s lunch box and help them with the responsibility of throwing away trash or keeping storage containers. If your child brings a snack, help your child differentiate between lunch and snack.
* If you send money to school in an envelope or bag, please label it with the child’s name, the teacher’s name and purpose.
* Please send your child's backpack and Awesome Binder every day. It is essential to carry home papers and other goods from school.
* Check the Awesome Binder DAILY. Remove and review papers in the Wetmore folder and sign and return papers that need your attention. Please review and sign the binder every day. If necessary, discuss with your child their behavior.
* Return the completed and initialed homework on Fridays. Work with your child throughout the week to make this a joint learning process!
Communication is essential between the parent and teacher so we can help the child achieve their highest potential. You will receive progress reports, a 9-week checklist and we will have opportunities for conferences. I am available to meet with you or speak with you. You may send a note in the folder, email me, or leave a message at the office. Likewise, I will send notes home in the folder, and will send e-mails and make phonecalls.
I anticipate a successful year for all of us!