Grading Policy: Kindergarten (Skills & Conduct)
1 = Student is unable to exhibit skill even with direct guidance. Additional instruction is needed.
2 = Student exhibits skill with minimal guidance. Reinforcement needed.
3 = Student exhibits skills independently and consistently.
4 = Student understanding goes beyond grade level expectation.
Grading Policy: 1st-5th Grade
E= Achievement is excellent
- Student consistently demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards exceeding grade-level expectations
- Student puts forth maximum effort, demonstrates self-motivation in meeting learning objectives
- Student has above-average grades on written work, where appropriate
S= Achievement is satisfactory
- Student demonstrates mastery of TEKS and NEISD Standards at grade-level
- Student puts forth expected effort, with minimal redirection to meet learning objectives
- Student has average grades on written work, where appropriate
N= Achievement needs improvement
- Student performs below standard expectations (student satisfies less than 70% of TEKS and NEISD Standards)
- Student puts forth minimal effort
- Student has below average grades on written work, where appropriate
*Parents--In Parent Portal, music grades are shown as a numeric grade. This is not a true representation of the grading that is done during class. I enter the grades as an alpha grade, and this is how they are shown on the report cards. If you have a concern about your child's grade, please feel free to contact me.
How does the numeric grade assigned in parent portal transfer to the final report card?
E = 95
S = 85
N = 75
U = 65