About Parent Academy
Parent Academy provides an opportunity for parents, grandparents, or community members to acquire and apply the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the role as their child’s primary teacher. Participants are offered information on a wide variety of subjects. Courses include topics related to:
- Parenting Classes
- Life Skills and Essential Knowledge
- Academic Skills
- Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Cultural Art and Awareness
Benefits of Joining
- Become empowered to support your child through their educational process.
- Continue your own education through NEISD.
- Earn a certificate from NEISD for attending at least ten different sessions during the school year.
How to Join
Registration for this program runs every year from September to mid-October depending on campus schedules. Contact the Family Specialist on your campus or find one nearest to your home.