Welcome to Harris MS Choir! We are so glad you are here!
Stay informed! Every choir student is highly recommended to have a Remind and Google Classroom account to receive messages about our choir program. This is a great way to get current information and reminders delivered straight to your e-mail/phone.
send a text to: 81010
Text this message: @96d728
We are very excited to welcome you to the MS Harris Choir family. It is my hope that students will find this community to be an inclusive, supportive and fun-loving group of kids who enjoy all aspects of singing and performing. The 2022-2023 school year will be an action-packed year filled with concerts, contests, parties and community events. Below is a list of what to expect
- Tenor/Bass choirs are open to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade male students who have an interest in singing and learning to read music but have not yet competed in a UIL event.
- Students in this choir will learn repertoire (songs) from several genres (styles) including classical, pop, world music, and American folk music.
- Music literacy is a very important part of the Harris Choir program, and the skills to read music are reinforced in every rehearsal.
- The Tenor/Bass choirs are separated by voicing.
- Concerts are scheduled as regular events this year, but are subject to change with evolving health conditions.
- All Region auditions will happen in the fall semester. Interested students can contact Dr. Runnels to get music and practice recordings.
- A copy of the Harris Choir Department handbook is distributed to each member. There are several forms within the handbook that need to be virtually signed and returned within 5 working days from the time the handbook is distributed.