ELAR MS Digital Professional DevelopmentPosted by Elizabeth Greene on 3/19/2018
Digital Learning from MS ELAR
Transitioning to the 2019 - 2020 TEKS:
- VIDEO Transitioning to the New MS ELAR TEKS (Cisco WebEx)
- VIDEO Transitioning to the New MS ELAR TEKS youtube.com
- Support with transitioning to strands through the TEKS flipbook, along with modeling how to pull the TEKS across strands to build units of study and devolve into lesson planning. Specialists will be training on campuses to provide teachers with flipbooks.
- lead4ward Side-by-Side TEKS
- Track the eliminated TEKS, TEKS movement into strands, and the embedding of Figure 19.
- Remember the new TEKS have moved into strands for workshop, so further comparison is irrevelent.
- TEA MS ELAR Side-by-Side TEKS
- Watch for more resources, TEKS Guides and Glossary, as they post from TEA
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Spanish Language Arts and Reading and English as a Second Language
Book Study -
- VIDEO ELAR MS 180 Days Book Study Introduction
- VIDEO 180 Days - youtube.com
- Kelly Gallagher and Penny Kittle answer the question about, "How do we make time for all of this?" by focusing on what matters, like planning, how revising plans while teaching works, and how we decided what is next. A year long map of engaging literacy practices with plenty of support through video and scenarios supports instructional change.
- Contact us to join the ongoing series of book studies.
Reading Test Prep -
- VIDEO ELAR MS 10-Day SSI Reading Plan
- VIDEO SSI - youtube.com
- How do we make the most of the crunch time before testing and between administrations of high-stakes testing? lead4ward supports us to intervene, accelerate, and extend with 10-days of targeted instruction.
- Resources mentioned in video:
Writing Test Prep -
- VIDEO MS ELAR: 10 Day Writing Plan
- VIDEO youtube.com Coming soon!
- How do we make the most of the cruch time before high-stakes testing? lead4ward supports us to intervent, accelerate, and extend with 10-days of targeted instruction.
- Resources mentioned in video:
Learning Targets and Success Criteria -
- VIDEO John Hattie on Communicating the Learning Target
- VIDEO John Hattie on Learning Intentions and Success Criteria
- VIDEO How to Create a Learning Target
- VIDEO Student Friendly Learning Targets
- VIDEO ELAR MS Differentiation
- VIDEO Differentiation - youtube.com
- Rick Wermili guides a new teacher in her first steps into differentiation with targeted practices to build upon.
Writing Protocols -
- VIDEO ELAR MS Fixer Upper Writing Protocols
- VIDEO Writing Protocol - youtube.com
- Need a fixer-upper writing scoring protocol to support formative assessments of student essays? Learn a process you can make your own based upon the skills/process you need to assess.
- VIDEO ELAR MS Understanding by Design (UCD) Framework/Scope and Sequences
- VIDEO UbD - youtube.com
- What is backward's design, and why is so important for instructional decisions? Follow this video to think through the process of backwards design and student-centered learning.
- TEA: Student Learning Objectives (SLO)
- TEA supports SLO/SGM with resources in a process of thinking to impact instructional change and student learning.
Writing Calibration -
- VIDEO Calibration Video
- VIDEO Protocol Video
- Fall Benchmark essay calibration and protocol instructions for campus-based analysis.
- Instructional Strategies Link for resources/Calibration & Protocol folders
VIDEOS of Interest: Little snippets you might find helpful.
- lead4ward Videos
- Learning videos on everything from the new TEKS to STAAR and more.
- Seesaw 5-Minute Introduction
- Google Classroom Introduction
- Gallagher & Kittle: What Does it Mean to Teach Dangerously?
- Penny Kittle: The "Perfect" Writing Conference