Resolved: In the U.S., colleges and universities ought not consider standardized test in undergraduate admissions decisions.
12.7.20 @ 1PM
12.11.20 -Churhill HS
Linclon - Douglas
Resolved: The U.S's use of targeted killing in foreign countries is unjust.
4.5.20 @ 1PM
4.9.21 - Reagan HS
5.15.21 - Johnson HS
2020-2021 MODERN ORATORY TOPICS
Contestants must select one of the following topics for developing the oration.
- Do solar and/or wind power offer responsible solutions to our energy future?
- Will the increased involvement of private industry change the goals of space exploration?
- Should the federal government do more to address pandemics around the world?
- Is the United States addressing racism successfully?
- Should the government do more to regulate social media companies?
Students will deliver a three to six minute speech without the use of notes on their topic. In the process of preparing for the contest, the student will need to:
- define the problem;
- determine the pro and con issues;
- research the issue;
- look at both sides of an issue;
- reach a conclusion; and
- support that conclusion with documentation.
12.12.20 & 4.10.21
Day 1- Unit/Topic
Day 2- Unit/Topic
Day 3- Unit/Topic
5 mins. 1 Weird Question (Attendance)
15 mins. Go over current article, take a poll, and have a discussion
15 mins. Instructional Time (I do, We do)
25 mins. Do your work (You do) and Ask questions
5 mins. Mrs. Suniga’s Weird Answer and Exit Ticket