Important Competition Dates:
*Times are TBA*
Public Forum Debate Meet
Friday, Dec. 13th, at Churchill HS
Saturday, Dec. 14th, I.M. and M.O. at Churchill HS
Lincoln Douglas Debate Meet
Friday, April 3rd, at Reagan HS
Saturday, April 4th, I.M. and M.O. at Reagan HS
Student Congress Debate Meet
Saturday, May 16th, at Johnson HS
P.F. Topic: The United States federal government should impose price controls on the pharmaccutical industry.
L.D. Topic: Countries ought to prohibit the production of nuclear power.
- Should government do more to provide healthy food for citizens?
- Are additional government regulations necessary for a sustainable planet?
- Is the Electoral College an effective process for selecting the president of the United States?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for school-aged children?
- Are Texas teachers fairly compensated for their work?
DEBATE PRACTICE IS EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY BEFORE (7:45) AND AFTER (UNTIL 4:15) SCHOOL.
**Each meet is $4. If your child signs up for all three events, he/she will need to submit a payment of $12 prior to the meet.**