Stay informed! Every choir student is highly recommended to have a Remind and Google Classroom account to receive messages about our choir program. This is a great way to get current information and reminders delivered straight to your e-mail/phone.
Text @bush8grlz to 81010 (or 848-207-2718)
Google Classroom code: 5lz2ghf
Welcome to the Bush Middle School Choir department! We have a fun and action-packed year planned for you this year! Please visit this site often to view any upcoming news, events, and forms.
- Advanced treble choir is open to 8th grade students who are interested in singing and learning to read music with past experience. 8th graders who are new to Bush MS or to the Bush MS choir program will need to meet with Mrs. De la Cruz to determine literacy level.
- Students in this choir will learn repertoire from several genres including classical, pop, world music, and American folk music.
- Music literacy is a very important part of the Bush Choir program. These skills are reinforced in every rehearsal.
- Advanced choirs are divided by gender.
- Members of the Advanced Treble choir will be assigned a choir folder that will stay with students. Inside the folder, I've tried to include all materials that will be needed for our virtual learning, as well as materials they may use for other classes. I am dedicated in helping our students through this transition.
- Members of the Advanced Treble Choir are eligible to participate in private voice lessons, individual and group competitions, auxiliary performance groups such as Pop Ensemble and are eligible to travel with us during the spring semester.
- Concerts in their traditional form are up in the air at this time. I will share information as I receive it from the district. We are currently looking at alternate virtual performance opportunities.
- A copy of the Bush Choir Department handbook is distributed to each member. There are several forms within the handbook that need to be returned to the choir office within 5 working days from the time the handbook is distributed .
- Region tracks can be found by emailing Mrs. De la Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please download them to your computer or phone for quick and easy access. Region competition will not be until the Spring semester.