THE GET REAL CLUB
Sponsor: Sra. Martha E. Rodríguez
The members committed to promoting the sanctity of life. We wholeheartedly support a life of choices that will protect life from conception to natural death. Our aim is to be the voice for the voiceless. We will encourage teens to respect their own lives and bodies as well as the lives of all other living things.
President: Anais Arroyo
REGISTRATION FORM and OATH
Real Club is $15.00, which covers dues/shirt for the year.
It is important to understand that this is a student run organization, so your
contributions, creations, and ideas are crucial! More information about service projects
and activities will be given out as the year unfolds.
CELL PHONE#: __________________________________________
E-MAIL WHERE WE CAN REACH YOU: ________________________
Student’s Name _________________ Student Signature _____________
Parent’s Name __________________ Parent Signature ______________
SHIRT SIZE (Circle One) : S M L XL
We are committed to promoting the sanctity of life. We wholeheartedly
support a life of choices that will protect life from conception to natural
death. Our aim is to be the voice for the voiceless. We will encourage teens
to respect their own lives and bodies as well as the lives of all other living
THE CONSTITUTION FOR
THE RONALD REAGAN CHAPTER OF
We are committed to promoting the sanctity of life. We wholeheartedly support a life of
choices that will protect life from conception to natural death. Our aim is to be the voice for the
voiceless. We will encourage teens to respect their own lives and bodies as well as the lives of all
other living things.
We the founders of the Ronald Reagan chapter of “Get Real”, in order to implement the goals
stated above, establish this constitution.
A. This organization shall be known as “Get Real.”
B. The purpose of this “Get Real” club shall be:
1. To be the voice for the voiceless.
2. To support and protect life from conception to natural death.
3. To open our doors to all who have a heart for those who are helpless or fragile.
A. Each member will be eligible to join if:
1. They commit to attending monthly meetings.
2. They pay dues (the amount to be voted on by the officers.)
3. They are willing to attend service projects outside of the general meetings.
4. They are a male or female.
5. They are of any religion or denomination.
Qualification and election of officers
A. To be qualified for an officer position, a student must:
1. Be passing all their classes
2. Be willing to make a significant time commitment
3. Be willing to attend officer meetings when necessary.
4. Be a junior or senior, unless there are no suitable upper classmen running for
5. We require one underclassmen representative in office to help carry out the club
after graduation of upperclassmen.
B. The election of officers
1. If the club is being re-established, the president and vice president will make
officer position decisions with the teacher sponsor to the best of their abilities.
2. Each year, each candidate will give a one-minute speech at a general meeting.
3. The votes will be cast on secret ballots.
4. The teacher sponsor will count the votes.
Duties of the officers
A. The duties of the President and Vice President
1. Preside over all meetings.
2. Call special meetings.
3. Carry out the provisions of the constitution.
5. Oversee all club activities.
6. To keep the “Get Real” guidebook
7. If president is absent, vice president will assume presidential duties.
B. The duties of the Executive Assistants
1. Assume the duties of the vice president in his/her absence.
2. Perform any duties delegated by the president.
3. Attend all “Get Real” meetings.
4. Contact places that we will visit or volunteer for.
C. The duties of the Treasurer
1. To handle funds and finances
a. Collect dues
2. Keep an up to date list of members and contact information
3. Keep record of all club expenses
D. The duties of the Reporter
1. Record and keep accurate attendance of all meetings.
2. Take accurate notes at all club meetings.
3. Type out information, when needed, for service projects.
4. Keep written reports in a binder of all club activities for future club reference.
E. The duties of the Historian
1. Take pictures at all meetings and service projects.
2. Be in charge of all publicity for the club.
3. To advertise club meetings.
4. Manage the social media for Get Real
A. There must be public notice of club meetings at least five (5) school days in advance.
B. There must be a meeting at least once a month held at Reagan High School.
C. The President, with the help of the other officers, will run the meetings.
D. The Reporter will take attendance, and keep accurate records.
Impeachment or removal of officers or members
A. All officers and members may be subject to impeachment or removal
B. The grounds for impeachment or removal are:
1. Negligence and any form of misconduct that is damaging to the club.
2. Absent to more the three general meetings.
C. Impeachment of an officer may occur under these conditions:
1. The members and officers of the club must be present during
2. Removal will be a private and discreet discussion between the president, vice
president and sponsor with the member.
3. Prior to impeachment there must be one week's notice of intent to the student
D. Removal of a general member may occur under these conditions
1. Prior to removal there must be one week's notice of intent to the student being
2. The final judgment can be made exclusively by the teacher sponsor.
Upon confirmation by two-thirds majority of the “Get Real” club, and upon approval of the
principal of Ronald Reagan High School, this constitution shall go into effect immediately.
Any amendment change to this constitution requires a two-thirds vote at a general club meeting
and must then be approved by the officers, the teacher sponsor and the administration of Ronald
Reagan High School.