Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Home Economics Education; minor in Music Education from North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND M.Ed. Educational Technology from City University, Bellevue, WA Certifications include Generalist (EC-6); Special Education (EC-12)and English as a Second Language Supplemental (EC-12)
Mrs. Sheila Schlecht-Barry
I am so excited to be joining Cibolo Green Elementary this year. I have spent my career in education, teaching students of all ages and in a variety of subject areas. This will be my 8th year teaching Pre-K in NEISD. I love encouraging our newest students to be excited about school and providing opportunities for them to develop a solid foundation that will carry them into a lifetime of learning.
Originally from North Dakota, we moved to San Antonio in 2012 from Brussels, Belgium for my husband's next Army assignment at Fort Sam Houston. In 2014, my husband retired from the Army and we made San Antonio our home. We have 2 children, both graduates of MacArthur High School, who are now in college. We have a Baylor Bear, where our daughter is a Senior and a Texas A&M Aggie, where our son is a Fish in the Corps of Cadets. So now in our free time, we cheer for the NDSU Bison, Bears and Aggies! Other activities that I enjoy include reading, walking, playing piano, cooking and travelling.
I am looking forward to the year and learning with our 2020-21 Pre-K family.
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast and Morning Announcements
- 8:00 a.m. Morning Meeting Zoom and Movement Break
- 8:30 a.m. Literacy/SEL Zoom
- 8:50-10:00 a.m. Seesaw Activities, Small Groups, Guided Play
- 10:05 a.m. Social Studies/Science Zoom
- 10:20 a.m. Seesaw Activities
- 10:35-12:30 p.m. Lunch, Recess, Quiet Time
- 12:35-12: 50 p.m. Math Zoom
- 12:55-1:35 p.m. Seesaw Activities, Small Groups, Guided Play, Snack
- 1:40 p.m. Music Zoom
- 2:05 p.m. P.E. Zoom
- 2:30-2:40 p.m. Pack up/Dismissal Routines and Posted Enrichment Activities
- 2:45 p.m. Dismissal