Volunteer Program - Resources
- Raptorware - NEISD's Visitor and Volunteer Tracking System.
- Virtual Volunteer - at home Volunteer Tracking System for volunteer time completed off-campus or after school hours.
- National PTA - the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States.
- Texas PTA - the Texas branch of National PTA.
- TAPE - Texas Association of Partners in Education.
- Energize Inc. - an international training, consulting and publishing firm specializing in volunteerism.
- Mentor - working to expand the world of quality mentoring. Widely known as the premier advocate and resource for the expansion of mentoring initiatives nationwide.
- National Mentoring Center - one of the nation's premier training and technical assistance providers for youth mentoring programs and initiatives.
- Onestar Foundation - Texas' home for supporting the new culture of volunteerism.
- Points of Light Foundation - engages and mobilizes millions of volunteers who are helping to solve serious social problems in thousands of communities.
- Volunteer Today - e-newsletter for those who manage the work of volunteers in non-profit, government and corporate programs.
- World Volunteer Web - supports the volunteer community by serving as a global clearinghouse for information and resources linked to volunteerism.
Books and Videos
- "Country Boys" produced by PBS Home Video
- "Handbook of Youth Mentoring" edited by David L. DuBois and Michael J. Karcher
- "Stand By Me: The Risks and Rewards of Mentoring Today's Youth" by Jean Rhodes
- "To Lead is to Serve: How to Attract Volunteers & Keep Them" by Shar McBee
- "Outside Role Models in the Lives of Teenagers" by Kathleen Cushman
- "Volunteering is Healthy" by Linda L. Graff and Associates, Inc.