North East ISD Transportation
For Special Needs Transportation, NEISD households will receive a yellow door hanger with printed bus stop information.
SPECIAL NEEDS SECTION
Central Terminal, 10333 Broadway
210-356-9201 / Fax: 210-657-8863
Supervisor: Gloria Howarton, Asst Supervisor: Juan Vega, Routing Specialists: Leslie Croft, Jerry Schroeder
- The goal for Special Needs Routing is to have no student on the bus for more than 60 minutes.
- Pick-up and drop-off sequence and times are based on the student's proximity to the school and the medical needs of the students assigned to the route.
- The North East ISD Transportation Department provides pick ups and drop offs that are the closest & safest for Special Education students eligible to receive transportation. It is parent/caregiver responsibility to meet the bus at the bus stop to transfer custody of the student.
- Special Needs bus drivers & bus assistants receive their routes for practice in mid-August.
- Click here for the Special Needs Transportation Parameters on how decisions will be made to ensure appropriate and fair services based on federal, state, and local (Special Education/Transportation) departmental provisions/stipulations.
- Forms - Parent Letter, Supervision Waiver, Climate Control Request