North East ISD Transportation
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
JOB TITLE: School Bus Driver
REPORTS TO: Appropriate Transportation Supervisor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Ensure the safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned bus route. Operate school bus that transports students and other personnel to and from schools or other designated locations.
- Education / Certifications: High School Diploma or GED, Valid Texas CDL (Class B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement,) No record of DUI convictions in past 10 years. Must be able to pass DOT mandated physical exam. Must pass pre-duty and randomly administered drug and alcohol tests.
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Must be 21 years old. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English. Acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas Education Agency and the Department of Public Safety.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain safety precautions when students are boarding and departing the bus.
- Maintain appropriate student management and report student incidents to the appropriate supervisors.
- Follow assigned route and adhere to set schedules.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and submit work orders as necessary,
- Communicate with department personnel, school personnel and parents about student behavior while on the bus.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Properly operate all assigned communications equipment.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage and student injuries as they occur.
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation.
- EQUIPMENT USED:
- School Bus and all assigned adaptive equipment
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control
- Physical/Environmental Demands: Continual sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand/arm movements. Ability to work indoors and outdoors; moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes.
Click HERE for more information.
As of: August 24, 2012
Comments for WEBMASTER