North East ISD Transportation
SCHOOL BUS ASSISTANT
- JOB TITLE: School Bus Driver Assistant
- REPORTS TO: Special Needs Transportation Supervisor
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the care, safety and support of students to and from school on the assigned route. Responsible for the safe and appropriate operation of adaptive equipment assigned to the school bus and/or assigned to the student riding the school bus..
- Education / Certifications: None
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Must be 21 years old. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English. Good self-control. Interest in the well-being of all student in the North East ISD.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Insure safety of all students on assigned bus.
- Provide necessary assistance to students as they board and depart the school bus.
- Provide support and instruction to help students understand and comply with the school bus safety rules.
- Monitor students throughout the bus route.
- Operate all adaptive equipment assigned to the bus and students assigned to the bus.
- Maintain bus notebook and all associated paperwork.
- Communicate with department personnel, school personnel and parents about student behavior and conditions while on the bus.
- Help the driver keep assigned bus clean.
- Properly operate all assigned communications equipment.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage and student injuries as they occur.
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation.
- Follow all established procedures in the boarding, transporting and departing of students.
- EQUIPMENT USED:
- School Bus and all assigned adaptive equipment
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control, mental alertness
- Physical Demands / Environmental Demands: Sitting, stooping, bending, reaching, grabbing, pulling and squeezing, repetitive hand/arm movements, pulling, squeezing, grasping and occasional lifting up to 40 pounds lbs.
As of: June 30, 2009
Comments for WEBMASTER