* Tejeda has been capped since the Spring of 2009.
* All new students to the Tejeda attendance area after June 17, 2010 are assigneed to Lopez or Driscoll Middle School based on the family's residential address.
* Eementary school enrollment is not affected by the Tejeda capping at this time. Elementary students will enroll in the elementary school which serves that family's address. However, as a new resident, elementary children are subject to the cap and may be assigned to Lopez or Driscoll or another middle school upon entering the 6th grade in a future school year.
* Students capped out of Tejeda are placed on a waiting list ordered by the date and time of their completed enrollment. A separate list is kept for each grade (6-8) and for the elementary grades as well. Students will be offered enrollment at Tejeda when space becomes available as a result of students withdrawing from Tejeda.
* Driscoll Middle School will receive new students in the area south of a line from US 281 just north of Redland Road running east to Roseheart on Bulverde Road, including the following subdivisions: Oaks of Redland, Redland Ridge, Sendero Ridge, Estates at Redland, Redland Heights, Redland Woods, Emerald Forest, Gardens at Emerald Forest, and Bulverde Gardens. Click to see the map on the NEISD web page. All other new students in the Tejeda attendance area will overflow to Lopez Middle School. This capping procedure and overflow schools will be reviewed periodically and may be modified for subsequent years.
* If we can answer any questions please feel free to call Tejeda Middle School at 356-5560.