When your student's physician determines it is necessary to administer medication during the school day, the following procedures must be followed:
- A parent/guardian or responsible adult designee must bring the medication to school.
- All medication must be in the PRESCRIPTION/ORIGINALCONTAINER clearly labeled with the student's name, the name and dose of medication, and directions for administration. Parents must provide all medications.
- The Medication Administration Request must be completed by the physician each school year and when there is a medication and/or dose change. Prescribing physicians must be licensed to practice in the state of Texas.
- Only FDA approved pharmaceuticals manufactured in the United States will be administered. HOMEOPATHIC PREPARATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- MEDICATIONS WILL NOT BE SENT HOME WITH STUDENTS. All medication must be picked up by a parent/guardian or adult designee.
Medication will be administered under the direction of the school nurse. Please contact the school nurse if you have questions concerning medication.