school-age parenting program
***Please contact your counselor or school nurse***
ELIGIBILITy and enrollment
- North East ISD resident AND Enrolled in North East ISD School
- Pregnant OR Parenting (Male or Female)
- Enrolled in Parenting For School-Age Parents Course OR Sequential Parenting Courses
- Enrolled in a Career/Technology Course
- Complies with Texas School Student Attendance Policies
- Satisfactory progress in Courses to Obtain Credits Required for Graduation
1) Counselors AND/OR Nurses on Campus refer pregnant OR parenting students (male or female) to the School-Age Parenting Program. Parent Permission for School-Age Parenting Program to contact the student is obtained by Counselor OR Nurse on Campus.
2) School-Age Parenting Program Staff will enroll student into the program. Student intake, parent permission form and pregnancy verification from a physician is obtained by the School-Age Parenting Program.
3) Campus Counselor assesses student's academic plan AND places student into Parenting For School-Aged Parents Course on Campus.
4) Physician requests prenatal AND/OR postnatal instruction (Pregnancy Related Services, PRS Instruction).
5) School-Age Parenting Program Staff monitors student's grades, attendance, and health care needs, and will assist with services or referrals to agencies for needed support.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
PHONE (210) 407-0750 FAX (210) 653-1160
"Success means having courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."-George Sheehan