The Social Studies Department's goals are to instill in our students the significance of the past to their own lives and current issues; to analyze and participate in challenging real-world applications; to learn responsibility and good citizenship; to understand and respect cultural diversity; and to become lifelong learners.
- Social Studies TEKS
- National History Day Contest -- Nimitz Middle School participates in the annual History Fair. Check out this site for details and resources.
- National History Day Weebly --
- Library Resource Page -- Access ABC-Clio, NetTrekker, Gale, and EBSCO resources. See your librarian for passwords.
- CIA -- The World Factbook -- A good resource for basic facts on countries throughout the world.
- BrainPop: Social Studies -- Student activities and resources.
- Time for Kids -- Current news for kids.
- National Geographic: Kids -- Games and activies for middle school students.
- Homework Spot -- Provides links to safe, fun and informative social studies websites.