Facility Maintenance and Support
Phone (210) 657-8843
Responsible to the Director of Facility Support for the screening, checking professional references, hiring of custodial and maintenance personnel.
The Operations Specialist is responsible for making sure that all vacant custodial and maintenance positions remain filled. Combined there are more than 800 positions in the Facility Maintenance and Support Department.
Ensures that applicants meet all district requirements, schedule and conduct hiring interviews, makes hiring recommendations to the Director for Facility Support.
* Supervise the training of custodial personnel.
* Maintains training records for all facility maintenance & support personnel
* Assist in development of standards and procedures of custodial operations/applications
* Act as a resource to facility administrators/head custodians in technical and administrative areas.
* Schedule, coordinate and conduct training for new and current custodians.
* Schedule, coordinate and conduct management assistance visits with facility administrators/head custodians to ensure District policies and procedures are followed and provide positive feedback on findings for corrective action.