facility maintenance & operations - Energy Management
Paul Raabe, Energy Management Coordinator
Phone: (210) 356-9339
The Energy Management Program includes the following elements:
- Utility Cost Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manage utility budget of $15 million per year.
- Review and approve monthly utility bills
- Implement electronic billing and payment procedures.
- Prepare utility cost and budget reports for District Administration.
- Campus Energy Awareness
- On-going Commissioning of Existing Campus Energy Systems
- Continuous process of monitoring energy data by measuring and trending equipment settings, status and building conditions with periodic review of operational practices.
- Identification and implementation of low-cost operational and maintenance improvements along with energy-saving opportunities.
- Focused on optimizing operating efficiency and occupant comfort while reducing energy usage and costs.
- Water Conservation Practices
- Implement SAWS low-flow plumbing fixture retrofit programs. Monitor compliance with water use restrictions year-round and during drought critical periods.
- Develop the Athletic Fields Conservation Plan to maintain compliance with city ordinance rules for drought critical periods.
- Implement the annual irrigation system Check-up inspections as required by city ordinance.
- Implement central control and monitoring of automated irrigation system controllers in the field.
- Refuse and Recycling Collection Services
- Coordinate and manage contracts for refuse and recycling collection services.
- Implement and coordinate the Single Stream Recycling program.
- Assist campuses with the Paper Retriever program for paper recycling.
- Respond to calls from the campuses about missed or delayed service pick-ups.
- Arrange requests for extra pick-ups for special events.
- Survey the location and condition of all containers.