For the 2014/2015 school year, all students will require:
These requirements must be met prior to the 1st day of school. For more information, click on the Health Services link below.
Clinic Hours 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.| Phone (210) 356-1403 | Fax (210) 637-4423
Cynthia Alsbury RN
I graduated from UTHSCSA with a BS in Nursing and began my career on the Oncology Unit at St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital. I became the school nurse at Madison in 1995. I love working with teenagers and enjoy the challenges they bring to the clinic. I am happily married and I have two wonderful children, Ben and Juliana. Ben attended Hidden Forest Elementary, Eisenhower Middle School, and Madison. Juliana attends Garner Middle School. In my spare time I enjoy gardening, cooking, my kitties, and any activity involving my family.
I have been the clinic assistant at Madison since 1995. Before that I was the clinic assistant at Lee High School for three years. My daughter Kristin attended Madison, and is now married and has two beautiful children, Hannah and Bryson. When I’m not at work I like spending time with my family, especially my grandchildren, and cooking.
AUTOMATIC EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR (AED) LOCATIONS
AED stands for "Automated External Defibrillator." An AED is used to administer an electric shock to a person who is having a cardiac arrest. AEDs are designed to allow non-medical personnel to save lives.
Two pads, connected to the AED, are placed on the patient's chest. A computer inside the AED analyzes the patient's heart rhythm and determines if a shock is required to save the victim. If a shock is required, the AED uses voice instructions to guide the user through saving the person's life.
Madison High School has eight (8) AEDs and they are located in the following areas:
- #1 is in the main building foyer, attached to a trophy case, to the left of the circle entrance
- #2 is in the cafeteria, to the right of the main lunch lines, near the fire extinguisher
- #3 is in the entrance hall of the old gym, on the left wall
- #4 is in the new gym, back entrance, just outside weight room
- #5 is in the main Ag Instructional Building, just outside the administrative offices
- #6 is in the training room of the new gym
- #7 belongs to Cross Country
- #8 belongs to Golf