Madison AVID Program
Advancement Via Individual Determination
Welcome Future College Graduates and Guests!
Our AVID students are an amazing group of young super stars and future college bound students. They have shown great academic potential in order to become a part of this elite group. We look forward to a great journey together on your way to meet your dreams.
The class is based on three main components:
- Academic instruction
- Tutorial support
- Motivational activities
You will achieve your dreams.
Together let’s enjoy the journey!
Information on AVID:
What AVID is:
- in-school academic support program for grades 5-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- places academically average students in advanced classes.
- levels the playing field for minority, rural, low-income and other students without a college-going tradition in their families.
- is for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle.
- is implemented school wide and district wide
What AVID is not:
- a remedial program
- a free ride
- a niche program
- a college outreach program
AVID Site Team
|Kacy Norgan||AVID Coordinator, 11th/12th Grade AVID Elective Teacher|
|Lindsey Jordan||9th Grade AVID Elective Teacher|
|Rita Villanueva||10th Grade AVID Elective Teacher|
|John Cadena||10th Grade AVID Elective Teacher|
|Mariel Gaitan-Martinez||English Representative|
|Amy Willeford||English Representative|
|Karen Doss||Math Representative|
|Amanda Harrison||Math Representative|
|Walonda Whitaker||Science Representative|
|Amy Dorsey||Social Studies Representative|
|Linda Sandoval||AVID Counselor|
|Kelly Taylor||AVID Administrator|