Douglas MacArthur High School
Campus Tour

Up
Aerial Photos
Front of School
MacArthur Arch
Courtyard
West Side
Library
Cafeteria
Athletic-Dance
Old Campus
Historic Mac

History of MacArthur High School

Our school was founded in 1950 as North East High School. With the opening of a second NEISD high school in 1959, the school was renamed Douglas MacArthur High School. We offer you some photos from the early days of NEHS and Mac, as well as an historic retrospective sent in by a 1965 graduate.

Click on the thumbnail picture to view the full sized photo in a new window.

NEHS logo Logo of North East High School,
already the Brahmas!
plaque 1950 Dedication plaque: "High School for the
Northeast Rural High School District No. 6" 
Entrance Main entrance and wing of the high school, 1953
later the entrance to the English Wing and Boys Gym
Aerial '55 Aerial photo of the campus, around 1955
High school upper left, junior high lower right
Brahmadoras Brahmadoras Dance Team, 1957
aerial '60's Aerial photo of the campus, 1962-63
This picture inspired Gary Jackson, Mac '65, to 
send us his memories of  Mac in the Sixties.
Entrance '63 Entrance to MacArthur High School, 1963
"the beauty of the school, the air of dignity and honor."
Little General Our live Brahma mascot, the "Little General"
on his way to Rodeo with the bull keepers

Return to Previous Page  |  Campus Map  |  MacArthur Main Menu