Mr. Pillet is the Director of Magnet Schools at Krueger. This includes the Krueger School of Applied Technology (KSAT) and Interactive Media Applications at Krueger (iMAK).
Mr. Pillet graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelors degree in Geology, an Air Force officer's commission and the President's Award presented to the outstanding AFROTC graduate.
He entered the Air Force and qualified as a flight instructor in various aircraft systems. During his Air Force career, he also managed the duties of training flight instructor, simulator manager, scheduler, and plans and requirements officer.
In addition to his career in the Air Force, Mr. Pillet is also a licensed private pilot. He is an accomplished scuba diver and certified dive master. He has logged many dives in exotic locations including: Japan, Hawaii, Vancouver Island, Lake Superior, Honduras, Belize, Florida, and the Bahamas.
Mr. Pillet is an Eagle Scout, served as a Scout Master for four years. He also enjoys astronomy, camping, canoeing, hiking, photography, woodwork projects, rocketry, and model building. Mr. Pillet likes to continue to learn new things and helping others such as:
- Boeing's Educator Space Camp in Huntsville, AL
- NASA's Lens and Optics Program at the McDonnald Observatory in Ft Davis, TX
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Course for Educators held at Trinity University in San Antonio, TX
- Gifted and Talented Course for Educators at NEISD in San Antonio, TX
- Instructional Leadership Development/Professional Development Appraisal System course at Educational Service Center 20 in San Antonio, Tx.
- Instructor for SpaceTEAMS VEX Robotic System Camp for High School and Middle School Students, Northwest Vista College, San Antonio, TX.
- Head Referee for Alamo Area First Tech Challenge (FTC), San Antonio, TX.
- Head Referee for Getting Excited About Robotics (GEAR), at UTSA, San Antonio. TX.
Mr. Pillet completed a Master of Aerospace Science degree from Embry Riddle University, and a Master of Education, Teaching from Schreiner University.
This is Mr. Pillet's tenth year at Krueger Middle School.
He is married to the former Nancy E. McFadden of Newport News, Virginia. They have three children, James, Andrew, and Kelly.