About Johnson High School
Administration | Maps & Boundaries | Staff Directory
Where is Lady Bird Johnson High School located?
The school's address is 23203 Bulverde Road, San Antonio, Texas 78259. It is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Bulverde Road and the new Stone Oak Parkway extension (across from Cibolo Canyons neighborhood).
When did the new high school open?
Lady Bird Johnson High School opened for the first day of the 2008 school year on August 28th.
How was the school's name chosen?
On July 11, 2005, the North East Independent School District Board of Trustees unanimously voted to name its newest high school Claudia Taylor 'Lady Bird' Johnson High School, which is the campus' official name and will be used on letterhead and other formal documents. This decision was made after receiving recommendations from a school naming committee composed of future students and parents.
The school is also often referred to by North East staff and members of the community as Johnson High School, Lady Bird Johnson High School and, simply, Lady Bird. It is important to note the school is purposefully not adopting "LBJ" as a reference to the campus and, when using initials, will instead use "CTJ". Our use of "CTJ" is intended to help separate our school's identity from the various other "LBJ" High Schools in Texas named for Lady Bird's husband, President Lyndon Baines Johnson.
What are the school colors?
The school colors are Columbia Blue, Navy, and Silver.
What is the school mascot?
The Lady Bird Johnson High School mascot is the Jaguar. Johnson Jaguars was selected in November, 2007 after an extended process in which suggestions were accepted from the general public, a committee of students and parents reviewed and narrowed the field of suggested mascots to a ballot of three finalists, and student vote determined the final decision.
What does the school look like?
The campus complex is designed to serve up to 3,000 students and has more than 125 classrooms, including:
- 60 General Instruction classrooms
- 20 Science classrooms (14 full labs, 2 modified labs, 4 classrooms)
- 19 Career and Technology classrooms
- 16 Special Education classrooms
- 3 Art classrooms
- 3 JROTC classrooms and a separate JROTC Rifle Range and Quadrangle
- 2 air-conditioned Gymnasiums with complete support areas for Athletics
- Separate classrooms/areas for Band, Choir, Orchestra, Computer Science, Dance/Pep/Cheer, Photojournalism, Theatre Arts, and Speech
- Auditorium (seating approximately 750 students)
- Cafeteria (seating approximately 750 students)
- Courtyard with Amphitheatre
- Library/Media Center
- Separate Field/Practice Areas for Band, Tennis, Football, Baseball, Softball, and Soccer
- Approximately 1,000 parking spaces
Who is the Principal?
The Principal of Lady Bird Johnson High School is Mr. John Mehlbrech. Feel free to learn more about Mr. Mehlbrech by visiting his NEISD web page.
Can I purchase Lady Bird Johnson school apparel?
Lady Bird Johnson High School t-shirts and hats will be sold at various Johnson athletic and campus events. Community members may also make arrangements to purchase items by contacting the Johnson High School staff at 210-356-0400.