North East ISD - Safety Department
Safety Coordinators Website
As your school's designated Safety Coordinator you will be the Safety Department's direct contact for any safety issues regarding your campus. If you have any questions or issues that need to be addressed at your campus, please contact Carmen Flores . If you need immediate assistance, please call the office directly at 407-0301.
Duties of the Safety Coordinator include:
- Maintaining campus Quarterly Fire Drill Reports
- Performing self school inspections to ensure a safe campus
- Coordinating with the Safety Department your campus's mandatory School Inspection
- Maintaining records of safety training for your staff
- Coordinating with head custodian to ensure fire extinguishers are inspected and readily available for all areas of campus
- Coordinating with campus staff to ensure that all employees have an appropriate Back Belt
The Safety/Fire Drill Coordinator form must be submitted to the Safety Department by the end of August of the new school year. If there are any changes durring the school year, a new form must be submitted immediately to the Safety Department. Form may be faxed to the Safety Office fax 210-804-7171 or e-mailed to Carmen Flores.