FREE AND REDUCED MEALS
The online application for free or reduced meals for the 2010-2011 school year will be available soon.
Your children may be eligible to receive free or reduced price meals. All families are encouraged to submit an application anytime during the school year. Applying for this benefit is easy and confidential using our new online application system. Paper applications will be distributed by the school at the beginning of the school year or may be printed from this web site by the end of July. A new application must be submitted each school year.
What you will need to apply:
- Child(ren)’s name as it appears on birth certificate
- Household before-tax income or SNAP/TANF number
- Social Security Number of an adult household member for households that do not receive SNAP or TANF
- Read and carefully follow all application instructions to avoid delays in processing
- Complete only one application naming every person in your household
- Complete a separate application for each foster child
- Households receiving SNAP or TANF benefits should list their eligibility number and skip the Household Income section on the application
- Income based applicants: Eligibility for benefits is based on family size and income so it is iimportant to list every household member on your application
- Be sure to sign your application to avoid delayed processing. Only originals will be accepted – no faxed copies. (Online applications are signed electronically when submitted.) Paper applications may be turned in at school or mailed to the School Nutrition Services office (address below)
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a letter advising your eligibility status. You are responsible for any meal charges prior to approval for benefits. Eligibility is not retroactive.
Important Note: If your child was approved for meal benefits in the past, you must submit a new application for the 2010-2011 school year. Students will be permitted to receive benefits based on last year’s approval status only until October 4, 2010 for the traditional school schedule and until September 2, 2010 for the Castle Hills (year round) schedule. If we have not processed a new application by those dates, the student will become ineligible and go on “paid” status the next day.
For more information call (210) 657-8826 or email MealApplication@neisd.net.
School Nutrition Services
3623 Highpoint Street
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly. In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382(TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.