Government Relations and Grant Development
Government Relations and Grant Development is within the Division of Business Services.
8961 Tesoro Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Director, Government Relations and Grant Development
Online Content Editor and Grant Writer
Legislative bills and laws proposed and passed by state and federal elected officials impact students, educators and community members. The Government Relations and Grant Development staff evaluate legislative bills, proposals and studies and provide our elected officials with information on how it will affect our community. Additionally, we seek grant opportunities to fund educational, instructional and/or informational programs that would benefit students, teachers and the community.
- Support the district’s position on legislation and regulatory issues through correspondence, presentations and personal contacts.
- Monitor decisions of local, state and federal governments.
- Coordinate school board and bond program elections.
- Work with the community to plan bond programs.
- Locate new revenue in the form of grants.
- Communicate grant opportunities and provide feedback to support the writing process.
- Develop winning grant proposals.
85th Texas Legislature
On September 12, 2016, the North East ISD Board of Trustees adopted a 2017 Legislative Agenda. This document outlines the District's priorities for the 85th Legislative session. Position papers about the priorities are provided in the Information index to the right.
NEISD Board President Shannon Grona and Superintendent of Schools Brian G. Gottardy hosted a Legislative Breakfast on December 16, 2016 to share the District's priorities with the state delegates who represent our community. Read about the breakfast here.
The 85th Texas Legislature Regular Session will begin on January 10, 2017 and end on May 29, 2017.
Grant Opportunities and Approval Process
If you are district employee and need more information about available grant opportunities and/or the district's approval process, please visit the Grant Development intranet page for more information.
- NEISD Home
- Division for Business Services
- NEISD Board of Trustees
- 2017 Legislative Agenda (adopted 9/12/2016)
- Position Paper: School Finance
- Position Paper: Accountability
- Position Paper: Technology Courses
- Position Paper: Individual Graduation Committees
- Position Paper: Governance
- Board Resolution: Repeal A-F Ratings
- Who Represents Me? (service provided by Bexar County)
- Texas Legislature Online
- Voter Registration (service provided by Bexar County)
- Campaign Finance Reports