- Halter tops, exposed midriffs, strapless and/or low cut tops, exposed backs, spaghetti straps, see-through clothing, and tank shirts are prohibited. Layered tops/blouses must be appropriate in appearance.
- Leggings may only be worn under an appropriate length skirt, dress, or shorts.
- Clothing with inappropriate advertising or statements that are offensive or inflammatory (alcoholic beverage, sex, tobacco, drugs, gang, satanic, promoting violence, etc.) are prohibited.
- Bandanas may not be worn or visibly displayed at any time.
- Hair must be neat and clean. Hair must be a natural color. Unconventional hairstyles that are considered to be distracting and/or disruptive to the educational environment are prohibited.
- Appropriate footwear is required. Footwear that has toes and/or soles reinforced with steel, hard plastic or similar materials is prohibited. Students may not wear house shoes or slippers.
- Shorts will be permitted provided that the shorts are neatly hemmed and conservative and modest in appearance. The administration shall determine the appropriate length of shorts. However, the length must not be higher than the length of the fingertips when the arms are held at full length at the sides. Specifically prohibited are cutoffs, frayed-hem shorts, bicycle shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, form fitting and skin-tight shorts or pants of Denim, Lycra, Spandex, or other similar materials.
- Pants shall be worn securely at the waist. If the pants cannot be secured at the waist with or without a belt, zip ties will be used to help secure the pants, or the student will be required to change.
- No undergarments should be visible on boys or girls. Students may not wear pajamas or lounge pants. No sweat pants permitted.
- Dresses, skirts, culottes, and split-skirts will be permitted provided that they are neatly hemmed, conservative, and modest in appearance. Excessively high slits in skirts will not be permitted. The administration shall determine the appropriateness of these articles of clothing. However, the length must not be higher than the length of the fingertips when the arms are held at full length at the sides.
- Torn clothing and worn and frayed jeans or other pants or clothing are prohibited.
- Body piercing ornaments and other simulated ornaments will be worn on the lower ear lobe only. Students may not wear dog collars or other inappropriate accessories. Appropriateness will be determined by administration. Displaying tattoos and similar body painting(s) are prohibited.
- Hats, caps, or other head apparel are prohibited. Hoods may not be worn at any time while inside the building.
- Hoodies and hooded jackets are allowed, however hoods may not be worn at anytime while inside the building. Appropriate jackets and coats may be worn. However, no trench coats are allowed
- Homemade school spirit shirts must be approved by the administration. They must comply with the dress code policy and not be torn, worn, or frayed.
- Any other apparel or attire that is considered to be distracting and/or disruptive to the educational environment is prohibited.
While it is inevitable that there will be differences of opinion as to the appropriateness of dress and grooming, the final determination will be in the judgment of the building principal or the principal’s designee.
The student who does not comply with this code will incur the following consequences:
- Students in violation of the dress code will be removed from the regular school setting until the student complies with this code.
- The student is required to change or call home for a change of clothing.
- The student may be provided alternative clothing if it is available.
- Inappropriate items will be confiscated and returned to the student on the first violation. After the first violation, confiscated items will be held until they can be retrieved by a parent.
- Repeated violations will result in additional disciplinary consequences.