What We Do
Our school facilities have a direct impact on the quality of education that our students receive. Therefore, we seek to maximize the participation of all stakeholders in the planning, design and construction process in order to provide community-centered schools of exceptional quality to the students, staff, and citizens of the North East Independent School District.
We have assembled a professional construction management and engineering team that manages all school construction projects through the planning, design and construction process:
- Master Planning and Pre-Design
- Conceptual / Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Document Preparation
- Bidding & Awarding of Construction Contract
- Construction and Project Management
- Substantial Completion, Occupancy, and Warranty Phase
In order to maximize stakeholder participation and to incorporate input and feedback from the general public, we employ the following strategies:
- Conduct design review presentations and design charettes with North East ISD facility end-users, including campus principals, faculty, and staff
- Provide design review, accountability, and oversight presentations to members of the Citizens' Bond Advisory Committee (CBAC), as well as to the NEISD Board of Trustees, Superintendent and Executive Staff
- Conduct design review and oversight meetings with design professionals, including architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, and NEISD Construction Management and Engineering Department Staff throughout the design and construction process
- Conduct meetings with governing agencies, including county, city, and local building code inspectors, fire marshalls, traffic, safety and regulatory personnel to ensure building plans comply with all code and life-safety requirements.
We work diligently to ensure that taxpayer dollars are used effectively, efficiently and equitably. We exercise due diligence in the management of construction projects, including full disclosure to the Board of Trustees, Superintendent, Executive Staff, and the Citizens' Bond Advisory Committee (CBAC), as well as direct coordination with other District Departments.