Welcome to Churchill's designated science webpage. Here you will find anything you need to know about our science department and programs. Our teachers ensure a steady learning environment for the students and try their best to help the students establish a satisfying grade.
The core purpose of the NEISD science program is to develop the abilities, knowledge, and understanding of scientific concepts and processes and habits of mind that are required for personal decision-making, participation in civic and cultural affairs, and economic productivity.
- Investigation and inquiry.
- Careful observation and thoughtful analysis.
- Balance between openness to new ideas and skepticism.
- Collaboration and communication.
- Awareness of the need for evidence.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of the natural world.
- Understanding of the benefits and limitations of science.
All NEISD students engage in:
To ensure that all students have some appreciation and wonder of science; possess sufficient knowledge of science to engage in public conversation on scientific issues; are careful consumers of scientific information related to their everyday lives; and have the skills to enter careers of their choice.
The NEISD Science Program:
- Is intended for all students
- Engages students actively
- Is not viewed only as an academic activity but as a way of understanding the world in which we live
- Fosters curiosity and guides students in channeling their curiosity in productive ways
- Reflects the collaborative nature of scientific work
- Concentrates on the collection and use of evidence
- Promotes an understanding of what science is, what science is not, what science can and cannot do, and how science contributes to culture