North East ISD Aquatics
Josh Davis Natatorium & Bill Walker Pool
12002 Jones Maltsberger Road
San Antonio, Texas 78216
David Johnson, Aquatics Coordinator
210-356-6925 - office
210-491-6133 - fax
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm - Adult lap swimming - Monday - Friday
- 8:15 pm - 9:30 pm - Open swim - Monday - Thursday
- Adults - $4.00
- Students - $2.00 (K-12)
- Preschool - $1.00
Patrons 65 years old and older, that live within the North East ISD boundaries, qualify for the Senior Stars Club. The Senior Stars card is issued only at 8961 Tesoro Drive, 6th floor, 407-0556. This card provides the individual with:
- Use of swimming facilities at the North East Aquatic Center - 356-6925
- Reduced cost registration for community education classes - 657-8866
- Use of tennis courts at the North East Tennis Center - 491-6108
- Admittance to NEISD athletic events at individual school campuses, Blossom Athletic Center & Heroes Stadium. It is NOT good for playoff games.
- Admittance to fine arts events at individual school campuses - 442-2510 (NESA box office)
The North East Aquatic Center located at the Blossom Athletic Center includes the Bill Walker Pool and the Josh Davis Natatorium.
The Walker facility, completed in 1962 includes sixteen 25-yard lanes from September to mid March. Mid March to August the facility converts to eight 50-meter lanes and four 20-yard lanes. The minimum depth is three (3) feet and the maximum depth is twelve (12) feet. The seating capacity is 400.
The Davis facility completed in 2001 includes ten 25-meter lanes or eight 25-yard lanes depending on the configuration. This pool includes four 1-meter and two 3-meter maxiflex springboards for diving competition. The minimum depth is seven (7) feet and the maximum depth is thirteen (13) feet. The facility includes stadium seating for nearly 1500 spectators.