North East Cycling Club
Siclovia! - March 2012 - Broadway in Downtown SA
- Who is welcome: Any district employee who loves bike riding.
- Purpose: Offer fun, safe group rides and camaraderie
- Educate riders: bicycle laws, bicycle maintenance, bicycle riding skills
- Goals: Use group rides as social rides or workout rides.
- Use group rides as training rides for bicycle events such as tours and races or social events involving bicycling.
- Rewards: Improve personal health & wellness
- Post-ride socials
- Intimidated? Don’t be! NEISD Cycling Club will practice “no drop” rides; no rider will be dropped or left behind. The group is open to all levels and will offer different types of rides at different locations to suit your riding style.
3 TYPES OF RIDES:
- Social Rides: 1x/month Leisurely rides on paved trails, distances optional
- Mountain Bike Rides: 1x/month Dirt Trails
- Cycling Rides: ?? Roadway rides (coming very soon!)
SCHEDULED RIDES 2013
- MONDAYS - Blue Star Art Complex 1414 S. Alamo St. Ride Mission Tour 17 miles. Wheels down at 7 pm. This is a very fast ride with experienced riders. *No Drop Ride* A few "regroups" along the way.
- WEDNESDAYS - Central Market parking lot @ Alamo Heights. About an 18 mile ride. Pretty quick paced ride. Wheels down at 7:30 pm.
- THURSDAYS - Bike World 5911 Broadway. Ride downtown/Hemisphere Park/AlamoDome 15 miles. Wheels down at 7:30 pm. More beginner/family friendly. Sometimes groups split up based on paces.
- SATURDAYS - Training rides - Retama. Ride western portion of Wildflower Tour course 50 miles. Wheels down at 8 am.
- Velo Valero Training Rides - NEISD Cycling Club is invited to ride with this group - Click for their website.
- Hill Country Bicycle Touring Club - all levels of riding ability - Click for their website.
CYCLING WEBSITES and OTHER INFORMATION
- San Antonio Parks & Rec Greenway Trails - Information on Hike, Bike, and Run trails around San Antonio, as well as additional information on other Recreation Areas, Park Areas, and Events
- San Antonio Bikes - City of San Antonio Official Website - Great information on local maps and trails, activities, safety and education, and the SA Bicycle Master Plan
- San Antonio Bexar County Walk & Roll MPO Website - Information on SA biking and pedestrian transportation events, with a calendar of events and brochures with different types of information
- San Antonio B-Cycles - SA's Bike Sharing Program Website - Ever notice the bike kiosks downtown and wonder what is up? Get information on touring the downtown area with an SA B-Cycle!
- San Antonio Bike Rides - Click here for local and area maps and routes
- Additional Area Rides - Click here for additional area maps and routes
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Biking State Parks - Texas State Parks offer trails for all skill levels, from mountain biking to rails-to-trails (railroad track trails adapted to biking) to road biking
- Mountain Bike Texas - Texas trail listings and many more Texas mountain biking resources
- Bike Texas - Texas' Cycling Organization - Great information on bike education, roads and trails, and how to get involved in promoting cycling in Texas
- League of American Bicyclists - Check out the national scene of cycling!
- iMapMyRIDE - Check out this cool app for the iPhone! It's Free! There may be a comparable app for other smartphones.
"LIKE" us on Facebook to receive status updates - www.facebook.com/NeisdCyclingClub